Kelly’s Apple Blueberry Pie
Homemade apple pie filling (click here for recipe
1 Purchased pie crust 10 inch *
baking spray or 1 teaspoon butter
1 pint blueberries
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
9-inch cast iron skillet
¾ cup old fashion rolled oats
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon cinnamon or more to taste
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Remove your pie crust from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temp for 10-15
minutes before you unroll.
3. In a large bowl make the crumble topping by combining all the ingredients, stirring with a fork until
combined. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl toss blueberries in one tablespoon AP flour. Set aside.
5. Spray or butter a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
6. Line and shape the pie dough into the skillet.
7. Carefully fold blueberries in the apple pie filling. Then spread mixture evenly to fill the crust.
8. Sprinkle all the crumble topping over the apples and blueberries careful not to break crumble up to much.
9. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Or until lightly brown and bubbly.
10. Cool Pie for 15 minutes before serving.
1. Can substitute 2 20-21 oz cans of apple filling , adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon if needed
2. Can use homemade pie dough rolled out to a 10 inch circle
3. Be careful not to overbrown crust. If getting to brown cover with foil.
4. Cool pie so it holds together when slicing