LIVE’S 2014 TOP TEACHER SEARCH – VOTING GUIDELINES
• Each Finalist will have her first name, last name, city/state/province, photo and letter posted on the Contest Gallery accessed by visiting the websites listed below in order for members of the general public to vote ("Voters"). All Voters are directed to cast their vote based on the following judging criteria: potential for on-air appeal; compelling nature of letter; and, cohesion with overall theme
• Voter will be given the opportunity to vote for one of the Semi- Finalists to become a Top Teacher finalist.
• Voting will take place on Friday, April 25th, 2014 from 10AM ET until Monday, April 28th, 2014 05:00ET. All votes must be received by 05:00PM ET, April 28th, 2014 to be counted.
• Voters can submit their vote online by clicking on the Contest web banner on the Live with Kelly & Michael website located at www.livekellyandmichael.com or members of Facebook can log in to Facebook and visit the Live with Kelly & Michael Facebook Page located at http://www.facebook.com/LIVEKellyandMichael.
• The Five (5) Semi -Finalists who receives the most valid online votes, as determined by Sponsor, will become the finalists and appear on Live with Kelly & Michael the week of May 12th, 2014.
• Voters may opt to vote via Facebook; however, the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and Facebook is completely released of all liability by each participant in this Contest. Contest Sponsor has no affiliation with Facebook and no responsibility for or control of any matters relating to Facebook or Facebook accounts.
• Any attempted form of voting other than as described herein shall be null and void.
• LIVE can provide no technical support and accepts no responsibility for insuring the receipt or successful submission of your vote.
• Sponsor is not responsible for votes not received.
• Voters must be eighteen (18) years or older as of March 12, 2014, and a current legal resident of one of the 50 United States, D.C. or Canada (excluding Quebec).
• Each potential Semi-Finalist may vote for their own Entry.
• If it is brought to the attention of Sponsor that a Finalist or a Voter has voted using any criteria other than the Judging Criteria, has used any kind of script, vote rigging, voter exchanges, multiple accounts or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, his/her vote(s) will be disqualified.
• Limit one (1) vote during the Public Voting Period for a maximum of one (1) vote/per person/per IP address, per 24 hours.
• Sponsor is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason voting is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web-site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this contest.
• Voter does not receive any prize nor are they automatically entered into any sweepstakes to win a prize by voting. Upon completion of voting process Voters will be given the opportunity to complete an entry form to be entered in a sweepstakes but entry will not occur automatically. Entry into the sweepstakes is not required in order to submit a vote. Votes that are successfully submitted and received will count regardless of whether or not Voter chooses to enter the optional sweepstakes.
LIVE'S TOP TEACHER WEEK SEARCH 2014 Nomination Submission Guidelines
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
"LIVE WITH KELLY & MICHAEL" ("LIVE") may be presenting segments about top teachers, during their TOP TEACHER WEEK.
ELIGIBILITY: Search is open to nominators and nominees who are each residents of one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or Canada (not including Quebec). Nominees must be 18 or older and must be teachers or function as such. Employees of American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. Buena Vista Television, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and those individuals' immediate family and household members, are not eligible to nominate or be nominated. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step -parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouse. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSSIBLE INCLUSION: Submit a short letter, one page or less describing your special teacher whose dedication has made your life better… or your children’s lives...or even the people in your community! And why you think we should honor your teacher. Include names, addresses, phone numbers, of you and your nominee. As well as the nominee’s school name, address and phone number. Submissions must be the sole property and original work of nominator; when submitting a photo, nominator must have all rights to reproduce and distribute the photo submitted. Any submission not meeting these requirements will be immediately disqualified. Any submissions containing materials which may be deemed indecent, inappropriate, objectionable or otherwise unfit for use on air will not be considered.
You can submit your nomination letter and photo (”Nomination Submission”) one of three ways:
You can mail your Nomination Submission to: “LIVE’s Top Teacher Week” Ansonia Station P.O. Box 234106 New York, NY 10023-9432
You can submit your Nomination Materials either through LIVE’s website OR through it’s Facebook page. Nominators can submit the Nomination Materials online by clicking on the “Top Teacher Week Search 2014” banner on the Live with Kelly & Michael website located at www.livekellyandmichael.com (“Live Website”) or members of Facebook can log in to Facebook and visit the Live with Kelly & Michael Facebook Page located at http://www.facebook.com/LIVEKellyandMichael (“FB Website”). Regardless of on which Website you select the banner to submit your Nomination Materials, you will be prompted to follow the online instructions to complete the submission form that requests the following information for both you and your Nominee: first and last name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, phone number(s), email address(es); and for your nominee the name, address and phone number for the school where they are a teacher. You will also be instructed where to write your short letter as described above and how to submit a photo and confirm that you have the rights to submit the Nomination Materials.
LIVE can provide no technical support and accepts no responsibility for insuring the receipt of your Nomination Submission. If you experience any difficulties trying to submit your materials via an online method, we recommend you send your letter and photo via U.S. mail to us at the above address.
All submissions, regardless of method of submission, must be received in full in our office by 6 pm on April 21, 2014 to be considered. Letters and/or photos will not be acknowledged or returned. All submissions (including photos) become the property of LIVE and may be used without compensation in any manner, and, in any media, worldwide in perpetuity, for programming, publicity, promotional and/or other purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
At LIVE's sole option, certain nominees and/or nominators may be asked to appear on LIVE. Choice of dates for any appearance is at LIVE's sole discretion. As to any nominees/nominators who may be asked to appear on the program, LIVE will cover the cost of their round-trip transportation to our show taping and accommodations; however, LIVE reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the details and/or necessity of such compensated travel arrangements.
Submissions which might be featured may be selected based on: the compelling nature of the letter, the specialness of the teacher as relayed in the short letter. The number of featured submissions that may be selected will be at LIVE's sole discretion. LIVE's staff may conduct telephone interviews with nominators and nominees. Submission which might be featured will be selected by representatives of the LIVE staff. All decisions of the LIVE staff are final and binding.
All Teachers are eligible from public and private schools, from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. And anyone can send us a letter – individually or as a group – we want to hear from you.
NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL GUESTS: The nominators of any selected nominees would be notified by telephone beginning the week of April 1, 2014. Each Nominator and/or nominee may be asked to supply proof of identity, Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and may be asked to submit to a background check, all within the time period specified by LIVE. Failure to timely comply with any requirement of these terms and conditions will result in the submission being deemed ineligible for consideration and any further opportunity to participate in this search.
RELEASES AND MISCELLANEOUS TERMS: Nominators and Nominee's must agree to release, discharge and hold harmless American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., Buena Vista Television, Facebook, Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotional companies, any product suppliers that may become associated with this search and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives ("Released Parties") from and against any liability, damage or expense arising from or relating to participation in this search, attendance at the LIVE show, or any location designated by LIVE and/or acceptance or use of any item or action which may be associated with featuring the nominee, by the nominators, nominees, anyone else associated with the execution of the search or potential recognition of the nominee, and each of their heirs or assigns.
If you submit your nomination via Facebook you understand that you are providing your information to LIVE and not to FACEBOOK as this search is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by FACEBOOK, nor is FACEBOOK associated with this search in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this search must be directed to LIVE, and not to FACEBOOK.
Submitting materials for possible use constitutes permission to use nominator's and nominee's name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and any materials submitted as part of this search for programming, publicity, promotional and/or other purposes in any manner, and in any media, without compensation, worldwide in perpetuity to the extent permitted by law.
LIVE is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, postage due, mutilated, incomplete, delayed or misdirected mail; for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of submitted materials; for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software delays, interruptions or malfunctions of any kind, inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive submitted information by LIVE, or human error; for any injury or damage to submitor's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering or downloading any materials in connection with the search.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operations of this search may be a violation of the criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, LIVE, or its designated representative, reserves the right to seek damages from any person associated with such actions to the fullest extent permitted by law. LIVE, or its designated representative, reserves the right to cancel or modify the search if it should become compromised in any way or if it becomes technically corrupted.
TAXES: Either nominator and/or nominee would need to be designated as being solely responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local income and other taxes that may be due on any item that may be featured while offering special recognition to the nominee, and that designated individual would receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual retail value of any item(s) received valued at $600 or more in total.