LIVE’s Travel Week Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES,
POSSESSIONS, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- 1. Eligibility: The LIVE’s Travel Week Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to persons who, at the time of entry: (a) are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) or permanent legal residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are currently physically located therein; (b) are eighteen (18) years of age or older and/or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction; and (c) have a valid Social Security number and/or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or a valid Social Insurance Number. Employees of Buena Vista Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., LIVE with Kelly and Ryan (“Show”), Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, participating stations, stations airing the Show, cable operators, streaming services, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (each a “Sweepstakes Entity” and collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), including members of their immediate families (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, or parent) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes and/or win a prize.
- 2. How to Enter: Starting on February 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on February 21, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Entry Period”), prospective entrants are invited to: (i) visit the Show’s Instagram page (located at https://www.instagram.com/LiveKellyandRyan/); and (ii) “Comment” (without a photo) on the Sweepstakes post with a fun travel experience story along with the hashtag #LIVETravelWeekSweepstakes. Entrants must have an Instagram account (“Account”) in good standing. Once an entrant submits/publishes the Comment with the hashtag #LIVETravelWeekSweepstakes, he/she will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry/ies”). Comments should not contain a photo and Comments without the hashtag #LIVETravelWeekSweepstakes will not be accepted. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock and all times refer to ET.
Entries posted on individual Accounts may not be eligible. Entries may not contain, and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify and/or remove any Entry that contains any content that: (i) is profane, pornographic, obscene, offensive, inappropriate, explicit, suggestive, violent, indecent, hateful, tortious, derogatory, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; (ii) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (iii) violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights; (iv) includes any links or URLs; (v) communicates messages inconsistent with the reputation, image and/or goodwill of Sponsor (or any other person or party); (vi) is unlawful or promotes illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing); and (vii) encourages activities that may appear unsafe, dangerous, threatening, or promotes any particular political agenda or message.
If a prospective entrant does not have an Account, he/she can create an Account in the following ways: (i) by going to either the App Store or Google Play, downloading the free Instagram App to his/her mobile device, and accepting Instagram’s terms of service, or (ii) by going to Instagram.com on a computer, clicking “Sign up”, entering an email address, username, and password or clicking “Log in with Facebook” to sign up with his/her Facebook account. Although entrants must have an Account to enter, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram and Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor has no affiliation with Instagram and has no responsibility for or control over any matters relating to Instagram or Accounts. Each entrant must understand that he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram for the purposes of this Sweepstakes.
- 3. Entry Limitations/Restrictions: Eligible Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 21, 2020. Limit one (1) Entry per person/per day for a total of up to five (5) Entries during the Entry Period. Entrants can only participate in the Sweepstakes under one (1) Account. Only the entrant and owner of the email address associated and registered under the Account may participate in the Sweepstakes. Any entrant found to be using multiple Accounts to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified and will not be eligible for a prize. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Accounts, logins or any other methods other than as described herein (including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription, notification and/or entering services), will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry into the Sweepstakes. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The individual who completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes must also be the person who owns the Account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an Account is the natural person in whose name and email address the Account has been created. Said owner must comply with these Official Rules and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the email account associated with his/her Account. If entrants use a web-enabled mobile device to participate, data rates may apply (entrants should contact their service provider for data rates/plans). Entrants should use care and not drive or operate machinery while entering the Sweepstakes.
- 4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: One (1) Grand Prize and five (5) First Prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Hawaiian vacation for two (2) to Honolulu, HI consisting of: roundtrip coach class air transportation for the winner and his/her guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence to/from Honolulu, HI (actual airport to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); seven (7) nights hotel accommodations (single room/double occupancy; location and room views subject to availability); ground transportation to/from the airport and hotel in HI; and a five hundred U.S. dollar ($500 USD) cash award (awarded to the winner only in the form of a check) (collectively “Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $8,150 USD. Each First Prize winner will receive a travel related prize package consisting of: one (1) J-Pillow Travel Pillow and Carry Bag; one (1) GRAYL Ultralight Purifier/Water Bottle; one (1) Matador Droplet Waterproof Dry Bag; one (1) Electric Vacuum Pump with Reusable Compression Storage Bags; one (1) Power Bank High Capacity Portable Charger; and one (1) International Travel Power Adapter (collectively, “First Prize”). The ARV of each First Prize: $250 USD. The total ARV of all prizes: $9,400 USD. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. The actual model and make of First Prize merchandise to be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject to availability. The ARV for the Grand Prize trip may vary depending upon the point of departure, destination, fare fluctuation, and if the winner takes the allotted guest. Additional compensation will not be provided if the value of the Grand Prize trip is less than the stated ARV. If the guest resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize trip must be completed within one (1) year of notification of winning. The Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize trip “as is” and to structure travel route in its sole discretion. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prize (or non-cash prize component) is permitted, except that Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a prize or prize component with one (1) of equal or greater value due to unavailability for any reason. In such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the original prize element for purposes of calculating the ARV. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for providing/obtaining all necessary identification and travel documents (e.g. passport or visas if applicable). Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. In order to comply with the REAL ID Act (https://www.dhs.gov/real-id), adult travelers carrying driver’s licenses from a select number of U.S. states may be required to present a valid U.S. passport to travel on a domestic commercial flight in addition to international travel. The winner and/or his/her guest must have/present at least one (1) major credit card in good standing in order to check into the hotel. If the Grand Prize winner elects to take the trip without a guest, components of the Grand Prize will be awarded in increments/quantities suitable for the actual number of travelers, and the Grand Prize winner will not receive any compensation or substitute/alternate Grand Prize or prize component for same. Grand Prize and prize components cannot be combined/exchanged with any other offer. The Grand Prize must be accepted with all listed prize components subject to the conditions indicated herein. Once determined, no change, extension or substitution of the Grand Prize trip dates is permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Once air travel tickets are issued, they are non-refundable, non-endorsable, and non-transferable. Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below) and/or travel documents. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation, change fees, or restructuring of a trip are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize is subject to air/ground travel/hotel availability, holiday and blackout dates, and all other Grand Prize and travel restrictions, as applicable. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of the Grand Prize not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g. any requested upgrades or options or applicable custom fees) are excluded and are the Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility including, but not limited to: taxes, air transfers, government fees, unspecified ground transportation, meals, tips, gratuities, hotel incidentals, excursions, tours, laundry service, local and long distance telephone calls or other communications, mobile phone roaming fees, internet or wireless services, souvenirs, travel documents, service charges, travel insurance premiums, baggage fees, and other personal expenses. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, the Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e. replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Prize notifications, documentation, merchandise and the Grand Prize trip itinerary will only be mailed/shipped to street addresses in the U.S. (including D.C.) or Canada (excluding the province of Quebec). All federal, state, provincial, territorial or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes for a U.S. winner or U.S. withholding taxes for a winner from Canada) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or award of a prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner. If a resident of the U.S., the Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor for the total ARV, as stated herein, of his/her Grand Prize that he/she won in the calendar year that he/she won. Any depiction of the prizes or prize components, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Official Rules.
- 5. Drawing, Notification and Verification of the Winners: Winners will be randomly selected in a drawing from among all eligible Entries received within two (2) business days after the Entry Period ends (“Drawing”) conducted by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent compliance organization located in Burbank, CA. Each potential winner will be notified at his/her Account associated with his/her Entry via a “Direct Message” from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee with instructions on how to respond in order to claim the applicable prize. If a potential winner is not following the Sponsor on Instagram, the Direct Message will go into the requests inbox of said potential winner. Each potential winner must respond to the instructions provided in the initial Direct Message within three (3) business days (i.e. share their email address and/or any other requested contact information) or the applicable prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited. Each potential winner will then be notified at the provided email address (“Email Notification”) by the Sweepstakes Administrator. The potential winner must respond to the Email Notification (i.e. answer a series of eligibility questions and confirm his/her shipping address for prize fulfillment purposes) from the Sweepstakes Administrator within three (3) business days of such notification or the applicable prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited. If a Canadian resident is selected as a potential winner, he/she must correctly answer a time-based mathematical skill testing question administered during the notification to be eligible for a prize. If requested/required, a potential winner may provide their eligibility information to the Sweepstakes Administrator via the telephone. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign, have notarized, and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (collectively, “Affidavit/Release”) and any other documentation that the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator may require (including but not limited to an IRS Form W-9) within five (5) business days after receipt, or the potential winner may be disqualified. By completing an Affidavit/Release, the potential Grand Prize winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and compliance with these Official Rules. The Grand Prize winner’s guest will be required to sign, have notarized, and return a Liability and Publicity Release (“Guest Release”) and any other documentation that Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator requires within five (5) business days after receipt by the potential Grand Prize winner. If the Grand Prize winner’s guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Guest Release on his/her behalf, and such person must be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The potential Grand Prize winner will be provided a pre-paid FedEx envelope/label for the return of the original documents. A potential winner will be disqualified if: (a) he/she cannot be reached or does not reply within the time frames listed above; (b) he/she is found to be ineligible; (c) the Grand Prize winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release and Guest Release within the required time period (as stated above); (d) if Canadian, he/she cannot correctly answer the time-based mathematical skill testing question; or (e) he/she does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules including if his/her notifications are returned as undeliverable. If a potential winner is disqualified for any of the aforementioned reasons, an alternate potential winner may be selected (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) for the applicable prize.
- 7. General Conditions: The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) waive any rights to claim ambiguity with these Official Rules; (c) indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all claims, actions, injury, loss, damage or liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes or the use of any submitted Entry and (d) release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes to or unavailability of the Instagram platform or functionalities that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Instagram for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein) or ability of an entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Instagram. Therefore, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor (in its sole discretion) reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes or any portion(s) thereof and instruct the Sweepstakes Administrator to conduct the drawing and award the prizes from all non-suspect salvageable eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor in a manner that is fair and equitable. Notice of such action by the Sponsor will be posted on the Sponsor’s website as well as any applicable social media platforms. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be: (1) tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instagram platform; (2) acting in violation of these Official Rules; and (3) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person’s action to attempt to damage the Instagram platform or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or Instagram platform, is a violation of these Official Rules as well as a violation of criminal and civil laws, and in the event Sponsor believes or becomes aware that such an attempt has been, is being, or will be made, Sponsor has the right to seek remedies and damages from any responsible individuals to the fullest extent permitted by law, including without limitation criminal prosecution. Any company or brand listed in the First Prize package (and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (or any prize awarded) and have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
- 8. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by methods other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, bot, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such Entries will be disqualified. Each entrant hereby releases each Sweepstakes Entity and their respective agencies, officers, directors, and employees or any other company or person(s) providing the prizes from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to: (a) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death); (b) human error; (c) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of a hashtag/Direct Message/Comment or a failure to receive a response to a Direct Message; (d) acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of a prize awarded herein; (e) typographical errors in the Sweepstakes promotional material (including, but not limited to, ambiguous topics and/or disputes over Comments to Sponsor’s posts); (f) any technical or mechanical error when posting/uploading the Sweepstakes post or submitting Comments and the hashtag; (g) interruption/cancellation of any elements of Sweepstakes; (h) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; (i) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Account or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (j) wireless network dead zones or obstructions; (k) any damage to entrants’ (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; (l) any lost, delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other errors or malfunctions; (m) cancellations, delays and/or policies that may affect travel, or any change by the air carrier(s), lodging facilities, ground transportation, or other company/persons providing any components of the Grand Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s and/or Sweepstakes Entities’ control; and (n) disputes over answers to mathematical skill test questions in the case of Canadian winners even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to: (i) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of a prize supplier (if applicable) or any of its agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors; (ii) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor; or (iii) any other cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, strike, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- 9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to: (i) the Sweepstakes; (ii) the awarding or redemption of the prizes; and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the U.S. State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, its enforcement or interpretation, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before the California Superior Court in Los Angeles County, California, U.S. or, if the Superior Court does not have jurisdiction, then before any other court sitting in Los Angeles County, California, U.S. having subject matter jurisdiction. Each entrant further agrees that: (1) any claim/judgment/award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (2) under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.
- 10. Official Rules/Winners List: To receive a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: LIVE’s Travel Week Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winners” (specify which), P.O. Box 6493, Burbank, CA 91510. These Official Rules will also be posted at https://bit.ly/2udjWc4. The complete Winners List will be available on or about March 2, 2020. All requests for copies of these Official Rules and/or the Winners List must be received by April 21, 2020.
- 11. Sponsor: Buena Vista Television, LLC, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
- 12. Sweepstakes Administrator:Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510-7398. Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of the prizes.
© Buena Vista Television, LLC.